Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Card Display

This year I wanted something pretty to hang all those Christmas cards that come in the mail. Luckily, not to long ago my Dad gave me an old frame. I painted it white and it had been leaning up against a wall on a dresser for a while. I kind of new it would get it's real makeover when Christmas came around. I started by nailing 4 rows of nails equally across from each other down both sides of the frame. In the beginning I tied the string in straight lines across the frame. The twine wasn't strong enough to display cards and not droop down to far....
So, I went to plan b. Which was connecting the twine in a criss cross pattern across the frame. This was so much easier and looked a 100 times better.

Once I was done...I thought it needed a little extra something....bring on the big bulbs... 
 
I'm using clothes pins to hold the cards on the twin and lights....
Such a fun way to display cards from those that we love this Christmas season:)
This has gotten me so pumped for other holiday crafts! It's officially December...Merry Christmas everyone!